Requirements for changing from Temporary 2 Year visa to Permanent Resident

There has been a new update which states if you were in your native country during the entire 2 years for less than 21 days you will not need a new FBI or State wide criminal report.

I spoke with the Ministerio regarding all those who got their 2 year temporary visas in 2017, this is the year you can file for your permanent visas. You will be required to present a new and apostilled FBI (or National) report and a new State report. The application must be filed no later than 90 days before the expiration of your 730 days so pay attention to your dates and start getting those new Reports.

If you have questions please contact us at